- These terms
- What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply blouses and dresses only from the catherineprevost.com website (the “Goods”). These terms do not encompass the supply of other products displayed on the catherineprevost.com website and which are not available to purchase through the website.
- Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide the Goods to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
- Information about us and how to contact us
- Who we are. We are Gailliard Limited, a company trading as Catherine Prevost Company, registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 03394754 and our registered office is at 93 Chatterton Road, Bromley, Kent BR29QQ, UK. Our registered VAT number is 707 0268 54.
- How to contact us. You can contact us by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Contact Me section on our website www.cathereineprevost.com. You can also write to us at 93 Chatterton Road, Bromley, Kent BR2 9QQ, United Kingdom.
- “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these terms, this includes emails.
- Our contract with you
- How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because of unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- No order or contract without payment. If you do not pay us for the Goods, at the point of order of the Goods, we will not be able to enter into a contract for sale of Goods with you.
- Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- UK and International sales. These terms are governed by English law and apply to purchases made within the UK. Where a sale is made to outside of the UK, there may be additional or different legal requirements which customers are subject to and the customer is responsible for compliance with such local laws where they are applicable.
- The Goods
- The Goods may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the Goods on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the Goods. Your Goods may vary slightly from those images. Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, because the Goods are handmade, all sizes and measurements indicated on our website have a 2% tolerance.
- Your rights to make changes
If you wish to make a change to the Goods you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the consequences of making the change are unacceptable to you, you may want to end the contract (see clause 8 – Your rights to end the contract).
- Our rights to make changes
- Minor changes to the Goods. We may change the product:(a) to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements for example should the use of a particular component be regulated against or withdrawn from circulation due to legal requirements; and(b) to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to minor adjustments to improve the design or construction of a blouse or dress or minor stitching changes to those shown on the website. These changes will not affect your use of the Goods.
- More significant changes to the Goods and these terms. In addition, we may make the changes to the Goods. If we make significant changes to the Goods we will notify you and you may then contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect and receive a refund for any Goods paid for but not received. Such changes may include a change in the fabric chosen for the Goods where we experience a third party failure or delay to supply fabrics on time. We may offer you an alternative fabric but you may choose to end the contract and receive a refund instead. We may also change these terms and, if such change is made after you have placed your order and we have accepted your order, we will notify you of such changes. We reserve the right to make changes to these terms and to the range of Goods displayed on our website before a contract is created between us.
- Providing the Goods
- Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
- When we will provide the Goods. During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the Goods to you. As the goods are hand-made, we will deliver the goods within 30 days after the day on which we accept your order. We may be able to deliver the goods to you sooner although it is likely that delivery will be close to the 30 days stated above. We will contact you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we can ascertain this.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the Goods is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any Goods you have paid for but not received.
- If you are not at home when the product is delivered. If no one is available at your address to take delivery and the Goods cannot be posted through your letterbox, we will leave you a note informing you of how to rearrange delivery or collect the Goods from a local depot.
- If you do not re-arrange delivery. If you do not collect the Goods from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and clause 10.2 will apply.
- Reasons we may suspend the supply of Goods to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:(a) deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes;(b) update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;(c) make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 6).
- Your rights if we suspend the supply of Goods. We will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply of the product, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. You may contact us to end the contract for a product if we suspend it, or tell you we are going to suspend it, in each case for a period of more than [30 days] and we will refund any sums you have paid in advance for the product in respect of the period after you end the contract.
- Your rights to end the contract
- You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing and when you decide to end the contract:(a) If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or to get some or all of your money back);(b) If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 8.2; or(c) If you have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 8.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions and you will have to pay the costs of return of any goods.
- Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any Goods which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:(a) we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to (see clause 6.2);(b) we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;(c) there is a risk that supply of the Goods may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
(d) we have suspended supply of the Goods for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons, in each case for a period of more than 30 days; or
(e) you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
- Exercising your right to change your mind. For most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund.
- How long do I have to change my mind? How long you have depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered. For all Goods, i.e. blouses and dresses bought on the website you have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the Goods, unless your Goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery to change your mind about the Goods.
- How to end the contract with us (including if you have changed your mind)
- Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by email, completing the Contact Me form on the catherineprevost.com website or by post, including details of what you bought, when you ordered or received it and your name and address.
- Returning Goods after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after the Goods have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must either return the Goods in person to where you bought them, post them back to us at 93 Chatterton Road, Bromley, Kent BR29QQ or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. Please email us at email@example.com for a return label or to arrange collection. If you are exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the Goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract.
- When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:(a) if the Goods are faulty or misdescribed; or(b) if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong. In all other circumstances (including where you are exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
- What we charge for collection. If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection. The costs of collection will be the same as our charges for standard delivery, (currently £8.00 for UK delivery and £20.00 for international delivery).
- How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the Goods including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:(a) We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the Goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the Goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.(b) The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer standard delivery of a product, usually within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then:(a) If we have not offered to collect the Goods, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Goods back to us. For information about how to return a product to us, see clause 9.2.(b) In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind.
- Our rights to end the contract
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the Goods to you or collect them from us.
- You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situation set out in clause 10.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for Goods we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract, as compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
- If there is a problem with the product
If you have any questions or complaints about the product, please contact us. You can phone us on 01344 841488 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or to 93 Chatterton Road, Bromley, Kent BR2 9QQ.
- Price and payment
- We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect.
- When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with PayPal. You must pay for the Goods at the point of order.
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the Goods as summarised at clause Error! Reference source not found. and for defective Goods under the Consumer Protection Act 1987
- How we may use your personal information
We will only use your personal information as set out in our Privacy Notice [LINK TO PRIVACY NOTICE].
- Governing law and proceedings
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Goods in the English courts.